Has your health been going down instead of up? Do you want to change it? Hopefully you want better health with a higher quality of life. I see people everyday that want better health but just are not willing to make the change. Having better health is not difficult it. It requires you to make a few changes.
As we go through life we hit health challenges of all sorts. For some it is specific disease and illness like heart disease and cancer. For others is it obesity and obesity related health issues such a diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even arthritis. Or for some it may be hormonal, thyroid and anxiety related issues.
With this being said, a few common threads
1) we are all prone to genetic health tendencies both good and bad
2) we have all been exposed to thousands of pounds of excito-toxins (external toxins in our environment)
3) as we have grown up most us have eaten body polluters not as much body cleansers (hopefully all of us have now switched to body cleansers)
4) most Americans are nutrient bankrupt leaving the body with no materials to heal, repair or even function adequately.
When you add these 4 points together you create a recipe for really bad health!
So how do we fix these issues? A diet very rich in veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans, and very limited select grains.
What science has proven. A diet rich in a variety of colorful foods provides the body with:
- DNA repairing potential,
- a higher number of cancer killing cells,
- slower aging
- a higher functioning immune system,
- a reduction in chronic inflammation,
- support for normal blood sugar levels ,
- support for healthier blood fat levels,
- a substantial reduction if heart disease
- a reduction in stomach, intestinal and colon cancer
- flexible and healthier blood vessels
- healthier brain function
- better bone health
- enhanced liver function (better detoxify ability)
- better eye sight potential
- weight loss
- more energy
- Reduction in stroke
To maximize your health include every color of the food rainbow every day in your meals and your smoothies!! For example; I make a large smoothie with coconut water, carrots, avocado, chard, broccoli, red bell pepper, cucumber, cantaloupe, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cayenne, rice bran, blue berries, dark cherries, and a splash of Braggs apple cedar vinegar and sweetened with raw honey and stevia. This is a powerful rejuvenating smoothie!! You can divide this in half for two blasts if needed, half of the ingredients in one blast and the other half in the next blast.
Its even more powerful with Vive Energy Spice mixed in!!
If you want better health eat real foods, move more, relax more often and drink plenty of pure water, it can’t be simpler.
Wally Bishop C.N.C.
The contents of this blog is not and should not be considered medical advice. This blog is for informational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor before making any dietary or lifestyle changes. Never quit taking prescription medications unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Vegetarian Diet May Cut Heart Disease Risk (washington.cbslocal.com)
- The secrets of successful slimming (standard.co.uk)
- Mediterranean Diet is Great for Heart Health (liheart.org)
- Are You Worried About Heart Disease? You Should Be! (ballygirldotcom.com)
- 10 Ways To Add More Plant-Based Foods Into Your Diet (mindbodygreen.com)