- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 small handful of green beans chopped
- 1 yellow crookneck or patty pan squash chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Dry-roast buckwheat in a 350° F oven for 5-10 minutes or until it's nutty and golden brown. Shake the tray once or twice to make sure the grain is roasting evenly.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Slowly add the buckwheat and let the water return to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer.
- Add beans and squash to the grain after it has cooked 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking 10 more minutes.
- Stir in sunflower seeds, fluff, and serve.
Try pumpkin or other seeds in place of sunflower seeds.