Steamed Kale with Daikon
- 1 bunch lacinato kale chopped with stems
- 1/2 medium daikon radish chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Heat a medium sized pot with 2 inches of water.
- When the water boils, add kale and daikon radish, blanch for 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well, tasting to adjust amounts to your desire.
Add some dulse flakes and sesame seeds.
Add some toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
Also try adding other vegetables you like such as cauliflower, broccoli, string beans, or asparagus
Pair this dish with steamed fish.