Pressed Napa Cabbage, Carrot and Black Sesame Salad
- 1/2 medium napa cabbage very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- Toss the cabbage and carrot in a bowl and rub salt into them.
- Place a clean paper towel over the vegetables and add another bowl on top of the towel to press the water out of the vegetables. Feel free to add additional dishes as weights. Press the vegetables for 30 minutes or longer.
- Once salad is pressed, rinse the salt off by filling the bowl with water and drain well.
- Add lemon juice and mix so that salad is evenly coated.
- Top with sesame seeds.