- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 4- oz halibut fillets 1-inch thick
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 lemon
- Chop the hazelnuts and spread on a cookie sheet.
- Toast in the oven or in a toaster oven on 350° F until golden brown for about 5-7 minutes.
- Check every minute or two and stir (or spin tray around) to toast evenly.
- Rinse fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon on the fish.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet.
- Cook one side of fillet over medium heat for 5 minutes (if there is skin on one side, cook the fish skin side up first.)
- Flip each fillet and spread the honey onto the fillets and cook for 5 minutes on the other side (the halibut is done when it’s opaque and lightly flakes with a fork. If needed, cook for about 2-3 more minutes.)
- Remove from heat and top with toasted hazelnuts.
This dish goes great with steamed string beans.